Monday 15 August 2011

eBay make up

Hello! I thought I would write a blog about where I get my make up from as I love expensive make up but do not have the wonga to buy it all at full price.

I buy a lot of my make up from eBay. Now I know that you have to be careful when doing this as there are a lot of fakes out there especially with Mac and Benefit make up. For that reason I avoid buying Mac and Benefit from eBay altogether as it is so difficult to tell if you are getting a genuine product. I have been stung in the past by eBay and fake Benefit make up so I do not intend on making the same mistake twice.

What I tend to do is type 'make up' into the search box on the home page on eBay. eBay will then bring up a list of all make up being sold. I then change the Sort By drop down box to 'ending soonest'. This then brings up all of the auctions that are ending soonest.

Now you have to act quite quickly as quite a few of the items will be ending in less than a minute so you need to get in quick if you want to bid. I tend to scan through quickly and if something catches my eye and the price hasn't gotten too high I will make a bid really quickly. This took me a bit of practice though as you need to be quick and make snap decisions about whether or not you really want something and what you are willing to pay. You don't want to end up with a load of make up which you don't really like or that isn't your shade as no matter how cheap it was it is a waste of money if you don't use it. Likewise you don't want to end up paying more than you want to or can afford to. It can be tempting to keep bidding if someone outbids you but this can be an expensive little game to play ha ha.

It is worth refreshing the page every now and then as the end time does not not update on the results page so you could be looking at something on the results page where the auction has already ended which can be a bit of a disappointment when you go to click on it.

To check shades (particularly important for foundation, concealer and powder) the best thing to do is to use Google images to search for the shade given in the description of the product. This usually brings up quite a few images of the shade. It is quite difficult to judge the exact shade from a computer screen so it is important to make a judgement on whether you can afford to lose the money if the shade doesn't suit your skin tone.

As I said above I would avoid buying Benefit and Mac products on eBay altogether as there are so many fakes but where other make up is concerned I have not heard of any other brands being faked. That's not to say there aren;t thogh so just try to use your judgement and look at the sellers feedback score.

I will now share some of my bargains with you.

This Clinique foundation was £1.24 + £2 postage.
The cheapest I can find this online anywhere else is for £21 with free delivery.
That means that I saved a whopping £17.76.
I needed a foundation so it is money that I would have been spending anyway but as a bonus I get a fantastic quality item at a lower price than I would have paid for a lesser quality item.
This Calvin Klein translucent loose powder was £5.61 + £2.65 postage.
The cheapest I can find this online anywhere else is for £18 with free delivery.
That means that I saved £9.74.
Again, I needed a powder although I probably wouldn't have spent £8.26 if I had bought one from Boots or somewhere like that I thought that it was worth it for a better quality product and so far it has not let me down and I do have oily skin.
This is a sample size eye shadow quad from Estee Lauder which I paid £1.04 + £1.49 for.
Now while I am aware that this was probably a free gift or something along those lines and because of this I am unable to get a comparitive price from the internet, a full size eye shadow quad from Estee Lauder is around £30!
That makes this smaller size one a huge bargain in my books regardless of whether the person selling it got it for free.

I have bought other make up from eBay but these are my best buys to date. It is also worth noting that I don't buy all of my make up from eBay. I do buy stuff from Avon as I really rate the quality of their make up and my mum is also a rep which helps me get some nice bargains sometimes he he. I buy the occasional Benefit product from Debenhams but that is usually as a birthday or Christmas treat from my lovely man. I pick up Lacura stuff from Aldi sometimes as despite the ridiculously low prices some of their products are really lovely. And if I run out of something I will just go to Boots or Superdrug and buy it there.

Hope this helps you bag some bargains. I'm off fishing with Liam this afternoon as Livvy is with Nanny Jane and Grandad.

Lota of love,

Kerry xx


No comments:

Post a Comment