Sunday 14 August 2011

The Magic of Make Up

Well we are back from the bbq which was lovely. I love seeing my family. Stefan seemed really pleased and had a great time and we played man hunt which I haven't played for about fifteen years! He he. Helped my cousins choose their outfits as they are off into town for a night out as are Stefan and all of his friends but I had to get my tired little Pookie home to bed. As I write she is asleep on the sofa next to me as she has a horrible cough which has caused her to be sick twice since I put her to bed so I wanted her near me and she has gone straight to sleep.

While I was getting ready to go to the bbq earlier I thought it would be interesting to take step-by-step pictures of my transformation using make up. I just find it astounding how on days such as today when I have had an outbreak of spots and have an icky cold I can feel so ugly but then when I have my 'face' on I feel so much better about myself.


So what I did was after my shower I took a picture of my face 'au naturel'. I then took pictures of the transformation step-by-step as I put different products on. I also took pictures of the products that I used just in case anybody thought 'Woah look what that did! I want some!' he he.


I am going to show you a before and after shot first and then do the whole step-bystep process.


Please note: I am not professing to be a make up guru or expert in anyway I just thought it might be interesting. Also please be kind to me as my before shot is particularly bad today as I said above I have a cold and have had a spot outbreak.


 
Before

After

Now for the Step-By-Step ...

Ok so this is before, I have had a shower (hence the wet hair). I used an exfoliating scrub in the shower and then moisturised.

I then used That Gal brightening face primer from Benefit. Mine is in a small tube as it came with my Confessions of a Concealaholic kit. I don't use this everyday but as I am having a bad face day I used it as a treat.
Next I used Stay Matte Dual Action Concealer in 020 Soft Ivory by Rimmel London. I know you shouldn't really use concealer before foundation but this concealer has an ingredient that helps to treat the spots so I like to put this as a base over the spot before I add any other products.
And what a difference a foundation makes!! I used Continuous Coverage in 08 Creamy Glow by Clinique.
Bye bye dark circles. I used Erase Paste in No. 2 Medium by Benefit under the eyes, on the eyelids, around the nose and on blemishes.
Then I set it all in place and got rid of shinyness (of which I have a lot!) with Subliminal Purity Mineral Based Loose Powder in 204 Translucent by Calvin Klein
Next I put some highlighter above my cheek bones along the top of my nose and on my brow bone. I used a blush/higlighter combo that I got in a Colourworks kit from Superdrug.
Ha ha look at how my hair is drying throughout the pictures! I next used a combination of eyeshadows. I used: Estee Lauder Pure Colour Eye Shadow in 10 Ivory Slipper and 47 Nude Fresco, two colours from an eyeshadow trio from the Body Shop which doesn't have a colour number or shade on it, Stay Perfect Eyeshadow in 35 Comet from No. 7 and In a Blink in Steel Smoke by Avon.
Eye liner makes such a difference! I used Liner Express in Black by Maybelline which is a liquid liner on the top lash line and a black kohl eye pencil from Avon that I have had for so long that I have sharpened it past all of the information ha ha on the water lines.
Next, two coats of Super Curlacious Mascara in Black from Avon.
Some contouring with Revlon Matte Powder Blush in 004 Barely Buff and a tiny splash of colour from the blusher in the blusher/highlighter combo. You can't really see from the photo but this did make a difference.
And a rather blurred picture downstairs this time (as my lipstick was downstairs) and with dry hair (as my hair dryer is upstairs) of the finished look. I used Lacura (available at Aldi) lipstick in 108. Yay for the lovely picture of the lipstick on my boyfriends turntable he he.

Magic!

Me all ready to go with straightened hair and in case anyone is interested I am wearing jeans from Red Herring at Debenhams and a top from Pepe Jeans.

I hope you have found this interesting. It was fun to make.

Lots of Love,

Kerry xx

No comments:

Post a Comment